lichess.org
Donate

Why didn't Lichess made a public declaration about the genocide in Gaza?

@devastatingly-hot said in #16:
> that Israel warns him in advance and informs everyone to flee and Hamas prevents them from fleeing (so the blood is on Hamas' hands.)

And Israel knowingly and willingly militarily invades the place and shoots everyone on sight. Nobody is forcing Israel to come into Palestine and murder children, yet there still are 10.000+ kids dead by weapons shoot from the IDF.
Hamas uses children both as combatants and as shields. If Hamas ceased these practices the number of children killed would be significantly lower.

The IDF is in fact more concerned with the children of Gaza than Hamas. It would be pretty easy for the IDF to round up children in Gaza and use them as shields or to walk in front of the troops to detonate IEDs etc. Yet Israel chooses not engage in using the children of Gaza, because they care about the children of Gaza to a much greater extent than the elected government of Gaza.
@Cyber_Sushi said in #21:
> And Israel knowingly and willingly militarily invades the place and shoots everyone on sight. Nobody is forcing Israel to come into Palestine and murder children, yet there still are 10.000+ kids dead by weapons shoot from the IDF.
hahaha you are so cute! want to be my friend? you come to dinner with me? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_Schmucks)
@devastatingly-hot said in #23:
> hahaha you are so cute! want to be my friend? you come to dinner with me? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_Schmucks)

You start insulting and making insensitive jokes when you're reminded that 10.000 Palestinian children have been murdered by a foreign country during the last months, that's the kind of person you decided to be today huh.

Please don't reply to me again, I'm not talking any more with you.
@ed01106 said in #22:
> Hamas uses children both as combatants and as shields. If Hamas ceased these practices the number of children killed would be significantly lower.

And if Israel didn't invade Gaza the number of children killed would be literally 0.

> It would be pretty easy for the IDF to round up children in Gaza and use them as shields or to walk in front of the troops to detonate IEDs etc.

They already do that with civilian adults.

Also, they don't deserve praise for not doing a horrible thing they would have no right to do in the first place.

> because they care about the children of Gaza to a much greater extent than the elected government of Gaza.

They don't do much horrible stuff not because they care about Palestinian people, but because they know that the entire world is watching them. This leads us to talk about how in this "war" an incredibly high number of journalists have been murdered, and electricity and internet access has been heavily restricted. It's almost like they're trying to cover something up...
@devastatingly-hot said in #23:
> hahaha you are so cute! want to be my friend? you come to dinner with me? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_Schmucks)

There's a difference between making valid points and being an ass.

I personally don't believe that genocide is an apt term to describe what is going on in the Israel/Palestine war. No matter what I believe, though, it is important to remember that this conflict is a real thing going on-- it's not just some abstract thought experiment made up by someone. It's also a serious thing-- it's not arguing about whether KD or Steph is better.

Please be respectful of others, especially when discussing sensitive topics.
@WassimBerbar said in #12:
> Although Lichess already spoke about Ukraine, there needs to be declaration for every of these
Who says A, does not need to say B. He can also realise that A was wrong. -- Bertold Brecht
Josep Borrell recently presented his new book on his blog and outlined three main goals for the EU. He formulated the third goal as follows:
3 Working to prevent the “rest against the West”

"Ukraine is not the only war in our immediate neighbourhood. Hamas’ brutal terrorist attack on Israel and Israel’s disproportionate response are ongoing and risk spreading war in the whole Middle East region ...

We need to act decisively in the coming months to prevent the consolidation of an alliance of “the rest against the West”, including as a consequence of the Middle East conflict. To effectively countering this threat, we need to stay true to our principles. Everywhere. Not just in words, but also by using our tools when those principles are violated. The decisiveness we demonstrated on Ukraine, should guide us in any other part of the world."
www.eeas.europa.eu/eeas/three-work-strands-better-protect-europe_en

Look at the full text of this paragraph 3 - it will take you a couple of minutes.
@clousems said in #27:
> There's a difference between making valid points and being an ass.
>
> I personally don't believe that genocide is an apt term to describe what is going on in the Israel/Palestine war. No matter what I believe, though, it is important to remember that this conflict is a real thing going on-- it's not just some abstract thought experiment made up by someone. It's also a serious thing-- it's not arguing about whether KD or Steph is better.
>
> Please be respectful of others, especially when discussing sensitive topics.
You sound like a rational person to discuss with (finally)
I do not belittle dead Palestinian children, God forbid. It hurts me like everyone else!
I live in Israel. I know what happens here simply because I live here. It amazes me how much disinformation the world is full of about what is happening near my house and then they try to tell me what is true.
So far so good.
The problem is that there is no one to talk to. I wrote a long message, I was treated for one sentence of it when if His Excellency quoted above had read the entire message he would have understood why he was talking nonsense.
This is not the first time. I have only written a few messages here and I have already understood that there is no one to talk to here. Long and detailed messages are answered with shallow humor and chewing on the well-known clichés.
When I see a person who ignores all the facts and all the claims and speaks in completely senseless clichés, when these clichés are actually accusing me of genocide and indirectly supporting the murder of my brothers, yes. I will belittle, laugh and attack. Any problems with it?
I wasn't laughing about the 10,000 dead children. I laughed at the author of the message.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.